Saturday, December 27, 2014

Gearing up for the New Year, Looking Back on the Last.



Now that the Christmas rush is over I'm shifting into New Year's resolution mode. I always take this week to ponder and think about what I want to accomplish in the year to come and what I did accomplish in the year past.

Last year was a big one for me. Here are just some of the things that happened.
In April my oldest girl left on her mission to Nashville TN by way of the Mexico training center where she learned Spanish. She is doing well so far and is now serving in McMinnville TN.

In the fall my second girl went off to college in Rexburg ID. She is doing well at BYUID and seems to be having a great time. I'm glad to have her home for a few more days of the holiday before she goes back.

I still have one girl at home who is keeping us busy with choir trips, state drama and jazz band concerts. She wanted to go on a study abroad program but we talked her out of it. I'm not ready to part with her yet.

Those things are very exciting, but I confess that all of them has been out shined for me by what happened in early November. Creative Prose accepted my book The Gift of Lies for publication. At last my dream of being a published author is coming true.


It has truly been a phenomenal year now that I look back on it. If this coming year is half as eventful it will be something wondrous to look forward to.

Thank you, to any and all of you who have been following me on this blog. I'll try to be more diligent this year about keeping it up to date. A happy New Year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment