Wednesday, May 13, 2015

LDStorymakers Conference


I'm actually writing this on May 4th as I don't want to be worried about my blog while I'm at the conference. It will post the day I leave and I'll either have something else scheduled when I get back or I'll soon post something then.

Storymakers is high on my radar today as I just got my membership badge in the mail. Woo who! I am officially a Storymaker. It has been a goal of mine since I started going to the conference a few years ago and I'm proud to say I finally accomplished a goal. My book came out in February.

This year at the conference I'll be looking into the classes on self publishing. Sadly, my publisher (Creative Prose) is going out of business at the end of the month. It is unlikely, (though I am working on it), that I will have found a replacement by then, so in order to keep my book available on the market I will be forced to publish myself for a time.

As always I am super excited to go to this. My dear friend Carla and I have made plans for it all year. I've even signed us up to go to a chocolate tasting with a bunch of other authors. It's a way to make new friends and meet some of my online friends that I have yet to meet in real time.

Anyway, wish me well and I'll see you when I get back

No comments:

Post a Comment