Thursday, February 23, 2017

Of Good Report

(Article of Faith 13, 3rd blog post)


Image credit to Secular Yakking


"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." Article of Faith #13


Oh, how I wish the world would take these words to heart . . .

I 've just spent a wasteful amount of time trying to find news sources that tell me the real news, or in other words, the real facts. I've come to the conclusion that there is no such source. All this, so called, "Breaking News," is breaking our country apart. I'm done with it.

Suggestion: instead of looking for things to throw at each other, why don't we have a contest to see who can do the most good? At the end of four years, the American people can decide, by their votes, who was most successful in improving our country.

You might say, "I don't have any power, only the people in power can change things. I have to protest and get their attention so they will fix the things I want fixed." I say, you have more power than you know. However, marching doesn't fix the problems. Action fixes problems.

Mother Teresa had little political power, and yet she did a great deal of good in the world.
"None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful." Mother Teresa
Let's follow her example and see how  we can make, not only our country but the world, a better place.

As for me, to start with, I'm going to quit commenting or reacting to things on Facebook and other media about things that I disagree with, or find unnecessarily negative in either direction. If you post something that annoys me, and I don't comment, it isn't because I don't have something to say, it is because I find your post unworthy of the attention. Posting only gives more fuel to the anger and debate and does nothing at all to solving this world's problems.

Second of all, I am going to try very hard to post things of my own that are uplifting, that I feel might be helpful. For instance, I love gardening and I think a lot of the world's problems could be fixed if we only had more gardens. My next post is going to be about that.

Thirdly, I apologize to anyone who I may have offended by anything I've done or said. Even if I disagree with you on things political or moral, I still love you as my sibling in spirit. I know of at least one person who dropped me on Facebook because I ranted about a nasty post she shared. I'm sorry about that.

And last of all, but not least, I challenge all my friends to follow me in my quest to better the world through positive actions. Together we can make things wonderful. We can fix wrongs and heal hearts that are broken. All of us has a circle of reach that is wider than we know. Lets see how far we can send out our love, one overlapping circle at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment