Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Back in Wyoming.




This last week I spent traveling with my hubby. He received the honor of being in the National Sculpture Society's 84th Annual Awards Exhibition hosted at Brookgreen Gardens in South Carolina.

With the help of some very dear friends, we were able to attend the closing reception. We met some wonderful people, saw many beautiful sights, and had a fabulous time.

I didn't take nearly enough photos, as is my weakness. I get so caught up in enjoying the experiences that I forget to record it. But I've included a few here.



Not only did we get to see Brookgreen Gardens, but I was able to see the Atlantic for the first time up close. The weather was supposed to be rainy, but God must have taken pity on me because we had temperatures in the seventies all that day. We started the day at the beach, at the Lichefield Resorts where we stayed. I collected shells and photographed the wildlife.


Then, after breakfast, we spent the day at Brookgreen Gardens, shown above. 

That evening we attended the reception and met more great people than I can possible list.

Sadly, we had to leave the next day and return to Georgia. But all was not sad, as we had dinner with some wonderful people in Cartersville who I feel are now life long friends.

We spent the next morning in Cartersville at the Booth Museum of Western Art. Normally it is not open on Mondays but we were given a personal tour and made to feel like celebrities. I'm learning what people mean by southern hospitality.

Many thanks go out to my gracious nephew in Westminster CO for letting us stay with him and taking us to and picking us up from the Denver airport. He and his dear wife made coming and going a much more pleasant experience. 

Now I'm back in good ol' Cody where it's snowing, and . . .



Well . . . I still have my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment