Friday, November 1, 2013

Getting Ready for NaNoWriMo

My book is done and I'm sending out query letters. Wow, I've already received one rejection! Thanks to the age of e-mail, it came the very next day. I'll send out a few more tomorrow, but come November it's out with the old and in with the new.
I'm getting ready to write the best NaNo-novel of the century. I've got a killer premise and a great character bible all worked out. Now, if I only had a plot . . .  Never fear, I will have one in a day or two, or I will start anyway and hope that the story unfolds into something organized.
I'm counting my blessings that I have something to take my mind off the whole query/rejection roller coaster. With NaNoWriMo in the works who has time to fret over a little note that says, "Sorry, I am not a good fit for this?" Who can stop their frantic creative juices long enough to wonder why some agent with a hundred other submissions doesn't think yours is the one that will set the world talking? Who has time to stew over such minor disappointments? Not I, I have NaNo-novel to comfort me. That old book is done, for better or worse,
and I shall move onward with fervor to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment