Saturday, January 31, 2015

Spotlight on Stephanie Pitman


I have recently joined a team of writers at Creative Prose Publishing. Today I would like to focus on one of those writers: Stephanie Pitman.



It's been so fun to get to know my fellow authors, and especially to know that we all share the goal of writing good clean fiction. I have long felt that there is a shortage of that. To get to know Stephanie better I asked her a couple of questions. Here are her answers:

Tell how it is to live where you live.

"I live in one of the most beautiful areas of Montana. Helena, as the state capitol, has a lot of different people here, which can be interesting at times, but it has so much to offer for the small city it is. Within fifteens minutes - or less - of our doorstep, we can be in town shopping or doing a bunch of other in town type activities, in the mountains hiking, fishing, at the lake, camping, and more. You can even go into town and hike a mountain in the middle of town, Mt Helena. It have two awesome trails, one is super killer, the power line trail and it goes straight up."

Tell me about your family.

"I'm one of the luckiest ladies in the world. I got to marry my high school sweetheart and we've been happily, if not blissfully, married for almost 17 years. We have two handsome boys, Patterson, 14 and Corbin, 10, and they keep us plenty busy with their scouts, church activities, guitar lessons, basketball practice and school to mention a few."

I know your book Honorable Disgrace came about because of some personal things that happened to you. Do you mind talking about that?

"Not at all. I knew when I decided to write Honorable Disgrace I would have to be okay with talking about what happened to me. At the age of 16, my older sister made some poor choices and because of that I found myself in a situation I could not get out of and I was raped. I was numb, felt like it hadn't really happened to me, that it was someone else, but then at the same time I felt it was my fault so I never told anyone about it. And I loved my sister. No matter what her actions, I couldn't say anything that might get her in trouble. So, I said nothing. Not to anyone, save a good friend and my husband. And years later, I had pushed it down so far, I thought I was in the clear and that I was over it. Until nightmares began to surface and I had to get it out. I began to journal about it and it helped a lot. Then I felt inspired to take my heartache and pain and put it into a book to hopefully help another victim know they don't have to deal with the pain alone."



Honorable Disgrace is available February 2, 2015. 
I am told that Stephanie handles the topic with grace and finesse and that it is totally appropriate. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Order it today on Amazon







No comments:

Post a Comment