Saturday, April 18, 2015

Coming Soon: The Haunting of Springett Hall, by E. B. Wheeler

This week I'm announcing the debut of a new book that comes out July 14, 2015. The Haunting of Springett Hall, by E. B. Wheeler. The newly released cover looks great.


The description on Amazon reads: "Eighteen-year-old Lucy doesn't know how she became a ghost, but the more she remembers of her life in Victorian England, the more she wants to forget. Her only hope of changing the mistakes of her past is to enlist the help of a servant named Philip- the one living person who can see her. This impossible romance story is filled with delightful period detail and plenty of mystery."

I'm looking forward to reading this book. I love a good ghostly mystery/romance. In the mean time I've asked Emily a few questions that might help you get to know her and her writing quirks.











1. Tell me a little about yourself. Anything fun or goofy that we should know?

I'm a total history geek. I love stories about how people lived in the past, and I love discovering the ways they were like us as well as the ways they were different. As for goofy, I'm not a great singer or dancer, but that doesn't stop me from doing both at home or in the car. The crazy lady singing to herself in the car next to you? That might be me. :) At least when I have my kids in the car with me, I look a little less nuts, but sometimes they complain.

2. Where do you live and what is it like to live there?

I live in the mountains of Utah. It's beautiful in the summer, but bitter cold in the winter, and winter lasts about six months of the year. Luckily, that gives me lots of excuses to curl up on the couch with hot chocolate and good book.

3. Tell me a bit about your family/home life (if you don't mind).

My husband and I will celebrate our ten-year anniversary this May! It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. We have two wonderful, energetic daughters who keep me on my toes. My family is super patient and supportive of my writing habit: all the frozen dinners, critique group meetings, and "Hold on just a minute while I write this idea down!"

4. Why do you write? What do you write? Do you have any weird writing habits? (I know that's 3 questions; just tell me about your writing.)

I've been writing nonfiction for about ten years, mostly about history and historic preservation. I had story ideas that wouldn't leave me alone, though, so I started writing them down. THE HAUNTING OF SPRINGETT HALL is a YA Victorian paranormal mystery, and I'm working on some other historical fantasy as well as realistic historical fiction. I love the process of getting to know my characters and working through plot problems within the bounds of history. I get a thrill from diving into historical research and finding some little detail that just clicks with the story and brings it all together. I think I'm addicted. :)

Learn more about Emily Wheeler and her new book at these links:

Facebook
Twitter @EB_Wheeler
Official Web Site
Pre Order: THofSH on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment