Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I've finally been blessed with one of those rare days when there are no scheduled outside events. Oh joyous opportunity! I can now catch up on all the stuff I should have been doing while I was running around crazy.

I used to find these sort of days as an opportunity to do something fun and adventurous. Now, I'm just excited to get the wash folded and the ironing finished. What have I become? Is my life really so mundane that laundry is the pinnacle of self fulfillment?
Have I become so immersed in my family and other peoples' lives that I have lost my own?

I honestly can't think of anything I'd rather do than get my housework caught up today. But... that's not such a bad thing really. Yesterday I got my garden mostly planted at last, and even though it is a late spring, it's still spring, and it's done, and I feel good. I know I'll feel good when the house is cleaned up too. No adventure could make me feel any better than that... So spring cleaning, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment